This e-learning course was produced by the Independent Office of Evaluation of IFAD (IOE). It accompanies Part 1 of the 2022 IFAD Evaluation Manual, prepared by IOE in collaboration with IFAD Management. The main purpose of the course is to sensitize users on the principal contents of the Manual while making their reading more engaging.
With this course, participants will be able to understand:
- the institutional set-up of evaluation at IFAD;
- key principles of conducting an evaluation;
- the implications of the key evaluation principles in connection with Agenda 2030;
- IFAD’s criteria and rating system; and
- an overview of methods available.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- describe the key features of the institutional evaluation set-up at IFAD (policy, self-, independent evaluation);
- recognize the roles and responsibility of Management and IOE;
- apply the key evaluation steps indicated in the Manual to a concrete evaluation exercise;
- identify key contributions from international debates and locate key sources; and
- use the evaluation criteria and apply them to a given context in order to elaborate specific sub-questions and indicators.